Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What's Happenin?

I don't really know what I intend to do with this blog. I don't know if I want to show it to anyone or if I want this to be my own private thoughts that go absolutely nowhere. I suppose I could've just written them down and saved them on the computer, but then I thought, "What if I want to share my stupid ass thoughts? Wouldn't that be easier if they were already on some sort of site?" And so I decided to put things here, but not put the pressure of committing to something on myself.

The idea came to me a few weeks ago when I was leaving comments on a website. Someone asked me how I seemed to know so much about sitcoms. Not that I was a scholar or anything, but I'd obviously put way too much thought into a random episode of a TV show than the average person. I realized that since I've decided that I wanted to start nurturing my gift for comedic writing that I haven't been watching TV as much as studying it. I've always had a bit of an obsession with shows that I love. I wonder where the inspiration for new characters come from and what made them think a certain actor or actress was right for the job. I watch reruns and notice the stylistic shifts from one decade to another and delight when a trope from earlier times resurfaces.

Since I'm not a scholar or anything, this is really just a hobby. I wanted somewhere to document my thoughts, as well as talk about TV shows unabashedly since my girlfriend absolutely does not care about it. (And why should she? I'm not even sure why I care so much sometimes.) But this is what I have in mind. I'll see where it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment